The holidays are fast approaching. And even though I’ve definitely felt like they suck a little, as Andrea stated in yesterdays post, I’m trying to focus. Trying!
So with Thanksgiving only 2 days away, I’ve been doing some thinking on what I am thankful for, and here are some things I’ve come up with.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. My husband and my children. Life would be empty without them.
2. My parents & my brothers. Their love, our growth together as a family, & even our growth apart at times, continues to help me evolve in my own skin. I love them for that.
3. Andrea…she’s like the sister I never had and I love that we are always there for each other.
4. My new friends. It’s amazing that people who have known each other for only a little while, can develop some of the greatest friendships in the world.
5. My old friends. We share our formative years together. No one can ever take that from us. A bond we will forever have. I love and miss you all, and I am grateful we were, and still are, a part of each others lives, even though many miles separate us.
7. Dr. Judy Hinojosa-Sinks, my naturopathic doctor. She saved my life a few years ago, and genuinely cares for me. I will be forever be thankful and grateful to her and her wonderful staff.
8. My health.
9. Kate, my neighbor. Without her to nudge me to go to the gym, I wouldn’t be in the shape I am in today. I owe you a lot. Thank you for helping transform me.
11. Ben Aaron. His funny videos make me laugh almost daily. We all need a good dose of laughter. Ben brings it every single time.
14. Carpooling. Kate, this one is you again. On the weeks I don’t have to pick up, it means the world me to not have to get in that car and wait for the kids. It’s an extra 10 minutes of alone time before the chaos begins.
I’m pretty happy to just be alive. No matter what kind of ups and downs life sends our way, we’ve got to remember to just be happy living in the moment.
So from me to all of you, Cheers! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy it. Be thankful for it.
And tell us one thing you are thankful for this year. We always love hearing from you.
In the spirit of keeping it real (and hopefully bringing some holiday laughter and cheer to our readers), we will be tweeting all about our minute-by-minute holiday misadventures in real time on Thanksgiving day (Thursday, November 28 for our non-US readers). We’ve already been pretweeting. And when I say minute by minute, I mean it. Complete with timestamps and all. Good times will be had by most but probably not all. And you’ll hear about it on Twitter with @bringingawesome. Join in the fun and give us some hashtag action with #awesomeThanksgiving.